Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sunday





I was at the office for 12 hours on Saturday and learned loads about how to cover terrorism plots. It was absolutely fascinating. I figure if I can do something from 10 am to 10 pm and still want to do it at teh end of the day, I must like my job!
Rachel's mom and her mom's friend came in last night, so we spent today showing them around. We ate lunch at a portugese chicken place, and then walked around the fair they set up in our neighborhood for the summer. Then we walked down to Imperial College, where we have class once a week. We walked down the street to check out Royal Albert Hall and the Albert Memorial. We spent the rest of the day walking around Kensington Gardens at the Diana memorial fountian and the Peter Pan statue. There was a special exhibit at Kensigton Palace of Diana photographs up for her birthday today. Then Mrs. Delmore treated me and rachel to a dinner we couldnt have afforded on our internship salary. Overall, a lovely sunday.