Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Back from the HARRY POTTER PREMIERE

Just back from the Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix movie premiere. AWESOME
Warner Brothers transformed Londons Leicester Square into the "inner sanctum of the Ministry of Magic" as one fan described it. Fans camped out starting at 5 pm yesterday, and I got to get there an hour before AND ask everyone questions. awesome.
I'll attach pictures when I get home. I'm still working on the story for now. As it get edited I'm drying off my clothes. It was pouring rain at the premiere, though that didnt keep the fans back.
I didnt see the film, but I didnt really want to. I wanna be a real fan, you know? Im hoping to go to Edinburough for that weekend, where Jo Rowling wrote the first 2 books.
I was stuck between a childrens magazine writer, 2 celebrity mag writers, and a beautiful, rich looking guy my age who said quite snobbishly that he worked for The Times and then waited for your impressed reaction. It was tough, because I wanted to ask questions about the film, silly me. Everyone else asked questions like "If you could have a power, what would it be?" and "Who would you kiss if you had the chance?"
Ugh. Below are the people I interviewed and the questions I asked them:

Daniel Radcliffe-As the movies get darker, are they more of a challenge to act?
-Dan said yes, and that that was what made the movies fun to do. He also told the girl next to me that he does not have a girlfriend.
-Emma Watson-As the movies get darker, are they more of a challenge to act?
She also said yes, adding that the movies call for more depth and emotion. Emma was wearing an incredible Channel dress, camera flashes followed her everywhere she went.
Rupert Grint-As the movies get darker, are they more of a challenge to act?
-Rupert said no, funnily enough. He said it was fun to battle out with wands because Ron has never been terribly brave before in the films. He enjoyed wand-fighting lessons.
Katie Leung (Cho Chang)-Will fans be angry about the change in your character?
-She said she hoped not, but she didn't seem all that bright and sort of stumbled over an answer. I think she was just suprised to not be asked about the famous kiss...
Evavna Lynch (Luna Lovegood)-Do we remind you of Rita Skeeter?
-"No you dont! You are much nicer than her!"
Lily Allen-Are you a fan?
-Yes! She couldnt be here this weekend so she had to come to the premiere tonight.
I also got to interview David Yates (director), David something (producer, they are both named david), Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy), Bonnie Wright (an unimpressive Ginny Weasley), Imelda Staunton (Prof Umbridge) and James and Olvier Phelps (the Weasley twins).

No comments: