Thursday, May 31, 2007

It was 40 years ago today

Two stories today, one on the Beatles and one on Harry Potter.
Tomorrow is the 40th anniversary of Sgt Pepper, and Universal Studios is adding a Harry Potter theme park in Orlando.
I know I got into this business to write about politics, social justice, and other hard news topics...but I'll get over it. I seriously love this job.
I'll add the links when I can.
And, no, I did not get to interview Yoko. She didnt get back to us in time, which is too bad. But now I have her agent's phone #, so if you wanna call her, let me know!
***
Spent the morning at Vouge's offices in London. Well, actually, all of the Conde Nast publications's office; they own allure, GQ, H&G, etc. It was a very British version of the offices in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, if you've ever seen it. Clearly trying to look fashionable and cool, but lots of old, cramped places and bad teeth. At least I know I don't wanna work there, right?

No comments: