Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day One



We ate fish and chips for lunch at the union of Imperial college before our safety lecture. The girl next to me spent a long time looking for ketchup, which she didn’t find. She thought the Brown Sauce was ketchup, and I didn’t have the heart to tell her otherwise.
By 4pm, I was so exhausted that I was looking for any activity as an excuse to stay awake. My roommates (there are 3) and flatmates (5 total) and I unpacked and went grocery shopping at the Salinsbury’s down the street. Sandwich-making stuff, pretzels, Nutella, and even Dr. Pepper for under 5 pounds!
We live on the 5th floor of a typical British (read: old and small) flat. Each flat has its own kitchen, living room and bathroom, and we share bunkbeds in the bedrooms. It’s lovely, though a bit cramped. And no hot water...